- Salicylate 5-hydroxylase beta subunit
- EC 1.14.13.-
- Salicylate 5-monooxygenase small subunit
BLASTP; O52380; hit=1; score=329; pid=42
- GO:0003824, F:catalytic activity, IEA:InterPro
- GO:0006725, P:cellular aromatic compound metabolic process, IEA:InterPro
- GO:0055114, P:oxidation-reduction process, IEA:InterPro
Enzyme and pathway databases
- UPA00082, -
Family and domain databases
- IPR000391, Rng_hydr_dOase-bsu
- PF00866, Ring_hydroxyl_B, 1
- Hydroxylase component of the salicylate 5-hydroxylase multicomponent enzyme system which catalyzes the 5-hydroxylation of salicylate to gentisate
- Catalytic activity
- Salicylate + NADH + O(2) = 2,5-dihydroxybenzoate + NAD(+) + H(2)O.
- Aromatic compound metabolism; naphthalene degradation
- Subunit structure
- The salicylate 5-hydroxylase multicomponent enzyme system is composed of an electron transfer component and an hydroxylase component. The electron transfer component is comprised of a hydroxylase component (NagG and NagH) and an electron transfer component (ferredoxin and ferredoxin reductase).
- Sequence similarities
- Belongs to the bacterial ring-hydroxylating dioxygenase beta subunit family
- O52380 Ralstonia sp.
- A gene cluster encoding steps in conversion of naphthalene to gentisate in Pseudomonas sp. strain U2. (J Bacteriol. 1998)
- Salicylate 5-hydroxylase from Ralstonia sp. strain U2: a monooxygenase with close relationships to and shared electron transport proteins with naphthalene dioxygenase. (J Bacteriol. 2002)