- NADPH azoreductase
- EC 18.104.22.168
BLASTP; Q9FAW5; hit=1; score=400; pid=45
ORBLASTP; Q50H63; hit=1; score=490; pid=70
Family and domain databases
- IPR005025, FMN_red
- PF03358, FMN_red, 1
|Q9FAW5 Bacillus sp. (strain OY1-2).
|NP_BIND||106 - 111||NADP (Potential).|
- Catalyzes the reductive cleavage of azo bond in aromatic azo compounds to the corresponding amines. Requires NADPH, but not NADH, as an electron donor for its activity. The enzyme can also reduce a wide range of sulfonated azo dyes
- Sequence similarities
- Belongs to the azoreductase type 2 family
- Q9FAW5 Bacillus sp. (strain OY1-2).
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the gene coding for azoreductase from Bacillus sp. OY1-2 isolated from soil. (J Biol Chem. 2001)
- Q50H63 Staphylococcus aureus.
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of an azoreductase from Staphylococcus aureus, a tetrameric NADPH-dependent flavoprotein. (Microbiology. 2005)